- Charm
- Agility

Last edited by ed819 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 pm

I wouldn't do Aqua Tail, since the point isn't to do damage, Scald will be better.

To that end, is Sweet Kiss a better option over Psybeam or Signal Beam?

Click here for my inventory list

PSA:Electric Light Orchestra and Chicago are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:01 am

Charm/Aqua Tail I think Charm is better because of the nature.

Also since Signal Beam is a tutor move I think like Bunsel said Sweet Kiss should be considered.

Alsos not sure on the nature. Isn't its Special defense higher? It does have Scald/Charm to cover its weaker defense and even then Timid may be worth considering as well.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:37 am

It does have those moves to cover physical, but it needs all the help it can get to be used at all.

I was thinking about Timid, idk, it's just so bad. It really doesn't matter at all. It can run Tailwind and that will help solve the speed lost with a defensive nature. Man, without Defog, it's just completely useless in battle.

Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:46 am

I agree, in Singles, this thing isn't going to do much. I think this is one of those pokémon designed for other formats. This can be decent in a doubles team. Because it isn't popular, people tend to forget this thing has Storm Drain.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 am

So can that translate into an offensive Pokémon? In your professional opinion bash?

Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:03 am

I'm no way a professional battler. Lol. But I don't think it's going to be really effective offensively in a Doubles team. I can still see it playing a support role while fishing for a burn with Scald.

Setting-up Rain Dance will "trick" the opponent thinking they will be able to land a rain-boosted Scald or Hydro Pump on you (watch out for Surf). It can probably also set-up Tailwind (if you're not using ubiquitous Talonflame or semi-ubiquitous Whimsicott) or Icy Wind to chip off some damage while doing some speed control.

Other support moves like Charm/Toxic/Captivate/Attract will complete its support movepool. It will be a decent partner for a Swift Swim Poké or I don't know perhaps a Lightning Rod Pokémon for additional immunities.

In Singles, it's probably going to U-turn a lot for switch initiative. If Defog was a thing this gen, it'll be slightly viable in Singles.

The set itself is already good, since it is going to be mainly defensive. I just don't know what a good nature for it is. Timid is fine with 252 speed, 252 HP investment, but then Bold and Calm are good too, since there's Tailwind.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:34 am

I think with the other moves it has, it can be a pretty decent physical pain with charm, and tailwind can help with the speed. Bold seems like the nature that can get the most use across both formats, because I agree with bash, this can't be offensive, the punch just isn't there.

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Ok. Going with Bold for the nature. What about the egg moves? I'll just replace signal beam with sweet kiss?

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Probably doesnt matter now but yeah Sweet Kiss over Signal Beam should be fine.

Seems we all forgot to reply like people forget Finneon/Lumineon is a Pokemon No

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Finneon   

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Finneon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1