Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

To all those playing ORAS:

It appears that the following applies to the Latias/Latios that you get as part of the story. The nature can be influenced by a Synchronizer. So despite the battle beforehand, eliminating the chance for a different nature is well worth it. This is probably the best chance at getting a good legendary on your own game that we've had thus far in Pokemon. I will be Soft Resetting (SR'ing), let us know if you want to give it a try too and we'll get you set up with a Synchronizer, and make sure you post here before you start so we don't overlap sets. Don't forget, the more that contribute, the better off we all are.

UPDATE: This topic is being broadened to include ALL ORAS Legends THAT MUST BE CAPTURED TO PROGRESS THE STORY. This means that if I'm not mistaken, that is 5 Pokemon that will be covered in this thread. If everyone that would like to Soft Reset for the other legends could please refrain until the breeding project is done, that would be great. (Wink Wink)

SUPER UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention by more than one person that Kyogre/Groudon will reappear in the same location later in the game if you knock it out during your first encounter. If this is true, I would suggest doing that, because the second encounter will be without all of the cutscenes. Proceed at your own risk, however, I cannot confirm this to be true. But, even if this isn't true, there are bound to be lots of people that will have perfect ones, and I have been building up my legendary collection lately, so we can surely get another.

I would suggest a spread with 5 really strong IV's. Not necessarily perfect, but darn near it.

Oh, I almost forgot, don't be afraid to use this Latias/Latios, we can always clear it's IV's later. Or, if you want, use Super Training (That's what I'm going to do) to get the set as soon as you get it. post here and we'll decide on IV's for the set.

The following are Pokemon for which guild members are resetting and the members' names (Green: Done; Red: Not Done):

Latias:
- Bunselpower: Bold Latias 31/31/31/30/31/31; 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- ugotmybeef: Calm Latias 28/X/30/31/31/31
- bash678: Modest Latias ~28/~18/~28/31/31/31
- Bouncer: Modest Latias 31/26/26/31/31/31
- BlueDryBones1: Timid Latias 31/28/25/31/31/31
- Magikarpus: Timid 31/26/30/31/31/31

Latios:
- cmzoid: Hasty Latios: 31/31/26/31/29/31
- BlueDryBones1: Mild Latios: 31/31/31/30/31/31
- bouncer2085: Modest Latios: 31/10,12/31/30/31/30
- bash678: Naive Latios: 26/31/21/31/19/31
- bash678: Naive Latios 31/31/27/30/31/30
- Magikarpus: Timid Latios 31/9/31/28/31/31
- ugotmybeef: Timid Latios 31/31/21/31/31/31

Kyogre:
- bash678: Calm Kyogre 29-31/12-15/29-31/29-31/25-26/29-31
- bouncer2085: Calm Kyogre 31/27/31/31/31/31
- BlueDryBones1: Modest Kyogre
- Bunselpower: Modest Kyogre

Groudon:
- ugotmybeef: Adamant Groudon: 27-28/29/31/31/31/30
- ugotmybeef: Adamant Groudon: 31/31/31/25-26/23-24/31
- ugotmybeef: Adamant Groudon: 31/30/31/16-17/27-28/31
- cmzoid: Naughty Groudon: 24/31/31/31/31/30

Rayquaza:
- bash678: Adamant Rayquaza: 26-27/31/31/29/28/31
- cmzoid: Adamant Rayquaza: 31/30/30/11/31/31
- bouncer2085: Hasty Rayquaza: 31/31/05/29/31/31
- bash678: Jolly Rayquaza: 30/31/31/31/12-13/31
- Magikarpus: Jolly Rayquaza 30/31/30/14/31/31
- ugotmybeef: Jolly Rayquaza 31/29/31/3-4/31/31
- BlueDryBones1: Naive Rayquaza: 31/31/15/31/31/31
- Bunselpower: Naive Rayquaza 31/31/27/31/9/31

Deoxys:
- bouncer2085: Calm Deoxys: 31/31/31/31/27/29
- bash678: Careful Deoxys: 24-25/31/31/4-5/31/31
- bash678: Timid Deoxys: 31/30/30/31/9/31

Cresselia:
- bash678: Bold Cresselia: 31/31/30/31/31/20-21
- ugotmybeef: Bold Cresselia: 31/16-17/31/31/31/31
- Bunselpower: Calm Cresselia: 25/x/31/31/31/31
- bash678: Modest Cresselia: 31/10-13/31/26-27/31/31
- cmzoid: Timid Cresselia: 4/20/31/1/31/31 Shiny

Cosplay Pikachu:
- BlueDryBones1: Naive Pikachu: 31/27/31/31/30/31

Registeel:
- Magikarpus: Careful Registeel: 31/31/30/2/31/28

Happy SR'ing!

Click here for my inventory list

PSA:Electric Light Orchestra and Chicago are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Last edited by Bunselpower on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:23 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Dragon-Flower
Cloner

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:22 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Bouncer for the win!

(also, if it is your birthday, Happy Birthday Very Happy)

Breeder

Female

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Yes, it's my bday. I am forever 21 Very Happy Thanks

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Happy birthday Smile

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Happy Bday bouncer, and congrats on that Kyogre Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:09 am

Happy birthday bouncer!

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Although Sychronize failed:

Mild 31/31/31/30/31/31 Latios

Do you guys think I should keep it? Could be used as a DD set to make up for Mild while having a really powerful Draco Meteor to break physical walls easier.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:24 pm

I hate to turn it down, but I'm a little uneasy. You lose to everything scarfed above, base 95 even after a dragon dance, and for DD you want to invest in speed and attack, leaving the boosted stat uninvested. The exception is bulky DD, which isn't going to like mild.

However, wait for someone else to chime in, I'm perfectly fine with you keeping it for an alternate set.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Need more Assurance, interesting and might work with a custom spread but what Bunsel said that speed is the one reason I havent saved yet. It stills ouruns anything unboosted at +1 with barely any investment and Mild Mega Latios hits as hard as LO Timid Latios but doesnt take LO recoil and can run DD to patch up its speed but special attack probably wouldve been used less than a speed or even attack boosting nature probably. Yet the spread is so good with a mixed nature. 5 days in and 13 5IVs before I got this one I doubt I can get another one this good.

Best way I see it working is pick your targets with Earthquake and find what you need to hit at +1 with DD then attempt to late game sweep with DD/EQ and 2 coverage moves of choice you can use off that base 160 SpA.

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:59 pm

I don't know enough about ubers where Mega-Latios is gonna be, but I'd probably lean toward keeping it, since the spread is very good despite the nature not being perfect. But in the end its up to you, so do what you think is best.

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Alright, I think I decided to keep him. Pretty happy too. Just got to make my own set out of him which could be fun. It also looks just like Bunsel's Latias with a different nature Surprised

and just  b/c I want to put pictures for those of you who just click this and scroll all the way down to see what someone recently got:

Latios
Mild
31/31/31/30/31/31

The 13 Latios that didnt make the cut:

Some of the ones I SRd were good but as I said I would likely settle for the first 5IV spread that hat a matching nature. Some were really close though but barely missed out. The Mild one has 6IVs which corresponds with the nature which is why I brung it up to your attention unlike the other 13 which I didnt really mention on here.

ugotmybeef helped me get a clone of this so already have one ready whenever a cloner wants to recieve my Latios.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 pm

I wanted a 5IV Minimum for this one. As I didnt want to go all the way b/c of the fact that I cannot do anything in the game until I get this forced Pikachu. But after less than 20ish SRs got this one right here:

Naive
31/27/31/31/30/31

Wish the attack was higher. But its practically 5IV so not complaining as its in usable range at least.

Not technically a legend but thought I might as well show it to you guys.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:33 pm

No, that's good Blue. Once we finish breeding, we should work on getting all kinds of sets for Pikachu, seeing as these get really good moves.

Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:52 pm

I can SR a kyogre later on (i don't want to but i'd feel bad by not helping lol) i just killed it as part of the storyline but i'll catch it later on after the E4 (since i only had like 4 pokeballs at the time of originally battling it). what should i go for?

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Once we get done we'll coordinate all of that dragon.

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 am

I'm going to start soft resetting for Latios soon. Since we have 2 Timid's already, I was thinking about going another nature, but don't know what people would want, so... I'm open for suggestions Very Happy. I also need someone to trade me a synchronize pokemon of that nature... Very Happy

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:03 am

We only have one naive, maybe that?

Also, you break down and get it zoid?

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:05 am

Bunselpower wrote:
We only have one naive, maybe that?

Also, you break down and get it zoid?

I got it for Christmas, so it was out of my control lol. I was thinking maybe Hasty nature since its Sp. Def is higher than its Def.

Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Well........ the RNG gods were just very cruel... 31/31/31/0/31/31 Neutral

Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:41 pm

I got a 30-31/30-31/24-29/30-31/27-29/30-31 Hasty Latios which I'm going to be keeping, since its 4 IV with the other 2 being high. I'll check the actual IVs shortly to see the exact spread.

Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Ok, the exact spread is 31/31/26/31/29/31. Pretty good for the second day, and since I want to advance and this is basically as good as it will get, I'm done Very Happy

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 pm

That's real solid right there. Nicely done. If you could update the first post, I'm going to forget, guaranteed.

Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 pm

I've been soft resetting for two Latios (both Naive) over the holidays while on vacation. I am in the US by the way... I'll be returning to France tomorrow.

Eon Ticket Latios (from my AS) 26/31/31/31/19/31
In-game Latios (from my OR) 31/31/27/30/31/30

The second one was so close to be mixed with HP Fire. Damn it.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:48 pm

bash678 wrote:
I've been soft resetting for two Latios (both Naive) over the holidays while on vacation. I am in the US by the way... I'll be returning to France tomorrow.

That 2nd one is pretty good though shame if it had 1 more or less defense it woulve been HP Fire.

First one the Eon Ticket one I think you settled to early though as the odds of 5IVs arent that bad especially with a mixed nature Surprised

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:45 pm

bash678 wrote:

So close to HP Fire, that would have been nice, but its still very good Very Happy

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:35 pm

I let Groudon initially faint and I'm going to soft reset for Groudon soon. Since everyone has done Adamant, I was thinking of trying for a mixed attacker since in Primal Form, its base Special Attack is nothing to complain about (150). Perhaps Naughty or Lonely? or should I go for a special attack boosting nature like Mild/Rash?

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:52 pm

bash678 wrote:
I let Groudon initially faint and I'm going to soft reset for Groudon soon. Since everyone has done Adamant, I was thinking of trying for a mixed attacker since in Primal Form, its base Special Attack is nothing to complain about (150). Perhaps Naughty or Lonely? or should I go for a special attack boosting nature like Mild/Rash?

What do you guys think?

I'm trying for a Naughty one now. I think we could have multiple mixed natures, not sure which people would want.

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:09 pm

cmzoid wrote:

I'm trying for a Naughty one now.

Ah cool then! I think I might go for Mild/Rash for variety.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:55 pm

bash678 wrote:
cmzoid wrote:

I'm trying for a Naughty one now.

Ah cool then! I think I might go for Mild/Rash for variety.

How about a speed lowering nature? You can still use Rock Polish to make up for it or make a slow yet Bulky mixed set.

Also I dont think anyone has done a defensive nature either?

Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:00 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:

How about a speed lowering nature?
Also I dont think anyone has done a defensive nature either?

Like Sassy? Yeah, that's possible. I'll decide when I finally get to it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:35 pm

With Desolate Land it only has one weakness, so a defensive nature is a good idea. I don't know about lowering speed with rock polish, because at that point you have enough physical moves to fill in the other 3. I also think impish or careful would be a good nature, but a specially defensive nature could be good.

Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
careful would be a good nature

This is good too. Though personally, I'd really like to use its SpA stat so I'm currently though not yet decidedly leaning on Sassy. Even without Rock Polish, I can see it just being mixed, slow, yet bulky. I'm not sure if this set would work:

Groudon, Sassy (252 HP, 252 SpD)
Earthquake, Bulk Up, Lava Plume, Filler.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:44 pm

I just got a 29-31/29-31/29-31/29-31/7-8/29-31 Naughty Groudon. I don't know what to do with it, so I'm waiting for other people to input on it before I do anything. Its the right nature and the 5 most important IVs, but its Sp. Def is bad, so I don't know Very Happy

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:01 pm

That SpD D: I'm kinda thinking no as it makes a big difference and from all my Latios SRing 5IVs arent too rare its just getting them where you want them but this is mixed. Check Serebii IV calculator to see the EVs needed to get exact then do super training. For all we know that speed could be 29.

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Its 31/31/31/31/7/30 confirmed with super training.

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Hmm. That's tough. I'm leaning toward no, simply because naughty probably means you're going to set up with it, and that special defense is not going to be good. But still, pretty much 5 iv.

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Well, since both people who have responded have leaned toward no, I'm gonna reset, since I want to get back to it Very Happy. If anyone is upset, blame Dragon, because it was clearly his fault Very Happy

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:16 am

Dammit Dragon, y u do this

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:40 pm

I got my Groudon Very Happy

Naughty, 24/31/31/31/31/30 Very Happy

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:56 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I got my Groudon Very Happy

Naughty, 24/31/31/31/31/30 Very Happy

For a mixed set, I say keep.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:05 pm

I for sure wouldve resetted as I raised my standards with Latios but I think it was a good keep.

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Due to OCD purposes, I updated the original post with everything I saw listed. Are there any other pokemon which have been SR which haven't been listed in the original post? And is all information in the original post correct, and are the IV's which weren't certain before certain now?

Last edited by cmzoid on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:54 pm

I'll also be going for an Adamant Rayquaza, since we don't seem to have one yet.

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:47 am

bash678: Naive Latias 31/31/27/30/31/30

This was a Latios

ugotmybeef: Adamant Groudon: 31/30/31/16-17/27-28/31

You listed this twice.

Other than tthat good job, I like it much better now as before it was a pain to look at.

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks Blue for catching the Latias vs Latios, I must have typed it wrong when I went to sort them. (I blame Bunsel for the double posted Groudon lol)

Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:12 am

I double posted because it was double good.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know if your like me and accidentally run away (or kill) one of the Ring Encounter Pokemon they do not come back till you beat the Elite 4. So pretty much your guranteed to catch every legend even if you mess up like I did earlier when I ran from Cobalion and saved thinking it'll come back instantly Surprised

Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Good to know they come back, but why are you resetting already Sad We are suppose to do it as a group Sad

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:38 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Good to know they come back, but why are you resetting already Sad We are suppose to do it as a group Sad

I'm just doing it for a few tries. Want to SR something to pass the time and see my luck. I might switch to Kyogre in a bit.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Also gonna hop on the boat for Modest Kyogre. I think the boost from Modest may be a bit more worthwhile b/c its like 50 points more for Mega and can probably just make a custom spread to tailor to its needs for defense. Also noticed noone has gotten one yet.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:02 pm

And not too far in I get this:

29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31 / 27, 28 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31

That spread, sadly its Docile D:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread   

Back to top Go down

The ORAS Story Legend Soft Reset Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next