Mademoiselle C
Goddess

Female

PostSubject: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Who uses that thing, seriously?
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Master Ball (just goin' with the flow)
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/x
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Barrier
- Guard Swap
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:00 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

I really wish this was better. I really like Hypno.

Click here for my inventory list

PSA:Electric Light Orchestra and Chicago are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Gen 1 psychic elephant cat thingy with a pendulum? Hell yeah.

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:00 pm

x speed is gross, 6IV or bust. Or you can just go Calm.

Drop one of the Elemental Punches imo. Assist is fun on any poke.

This thing has decent speed. 170 w/o boosts with Calm. If you go Calm so this thing isnt as slow as you may think. I like Inner Focus so you can run Rest as this has no reliable recovery other than Wish which is an event exclusive.

If you go TR though this thing wants Relaxed with Inner Focus so it can avoid flinches to make sure it gets its TR up. TR is very good in Doubles in which Fake Out is seen alot.

Overall I think HA Relaxed is the way to go but Assist should be there.

You need 0 Spe otherwise Pokemon with base 45 speed are slower than you with just a neutral nature. Depending on how far you miss 0 Speed you can end up having Azumarill/Mega Mawi outspeed you in wifi battles under TR which is awful. Very situational but I'm pretty sure you'll find the above 2 in Doubles often. Though its not like you wont have a hard time setting up on them anyways but you can at least cripple them before you go out.

Deleted all that was below b/c Numel doesnt get Eruption but I think Flatter is a really good move with TR and Safeguard up you can really power up one of your teammates.

Anyways I think I would use something like this:

Hypno @ Iron Ball/Leftovers/Mental Herb/Chesto Berry
Relaxed
Insert good spread here
-TR
-Flatter
-Team Support
-Filler

Iron Ball in case what your supporting you need to underspeed to give the Flatter to. In triples you  have something use Prankster SafeGuard from Whimsicott first turn while Hypno TRs and your sweeper Protects. After that Hypno can use Flatter on your Poke while your other Poke does something else. If you give your Safe Guard Red Red card you can swap in something like Iron Ball Smeargle in order to use Mat Block so you have a turn for both Hypno and the poke itself to power up.

Something like Simple Numel with Growth can wreck this way and with Prankster Whimsicot Worry seed on your team Numel can proceed to wreck the opposing team 1 shotting everyone with +6 Heat Wave which it got in only 1 turn thanks to Simple. I really want to use Hypno in Triples due to having access to both Flatter and Trick Room, Inner Focus for Fake Outs and decent bulk. Super situational but super fun if you can pull it off.

Waiting for Showdown to come back up to test out.

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 pm

#punch
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 pm

#other punch

Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Blue, I'm not reading this shit. Learn to get to the point if you want to be listened to.

I'm making a poll for the nature and then I'll make another one for the ability. Also I might change one of the egg moves for Psycho Cut so we'll see about that too.

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Set 1 : Who uses that thing, seriously?

I didn't expect you to depreciate a gen1 psychic poke... tsk tsk tsk...
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Shoutout to Blue for finding a use for Flatter. That's novel.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Blue, I'm not dont have time to reading this shit great idea. Learn to get to the point if you want to be listened to your post to be read.

Basically for Doubles reasons I think this is the way to go:

Relaxed (+Assist, Barrier, Flatter, Psycho Cut/Punch/etc.)

You NEED 0 Speed. Any more and you miss out on underspeeding base 45 Pokemon and if you miss by a lot you can miss out on underspeeding a lot of stuff up to base 60s which arent uncommon on normal teams. Either 6IV 0 Spe or you gotta go x Att or SpA. 6IV is better though b/c it has balanced offenses and good coverage options exclusive to either side.

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Also... it learns Zen Headbutt... no need for Psycho Cut imo
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:21 pm

rafa wrote:
Yeah but all its other moves it can get another way depending on how tutor thing goes. Psycho Cut/Guard Swap are the only moves that are useful and it cannot get any other way. I'd go Guard Swap though since you have Barrier/Calm Mind and can give it to a teammate although situational.

Flatter actually has a use on this as TR is normally good in doubles but less in Singles so if its on a TR team it can afford to run it. Assist is always fun.

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:22 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
rafa wrote:
Yeah but all its other moves it can get another way depending on how tutor thing goes. Psycho Cut/Guard Swap are the only moves that are useful and it cannot get any other way. I'd go Guard Swap though since you have Barrier/Calm Mind and can give it to a teammate although situational.

Flatter actually has a use on this as TR is normally good in doubles but less in Singles so if its on a TR team it can afford to run it. Assist is always fun.

hmmmmmm true
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Supreme Overlord Karp wrote:
Shoutout to Blue for finding a use for Flatter. That's novel.

Applause

Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Poll for ability has started.

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 am

Just want to mention Insomnia is better on a Calm set(or a special Hypno). On a Trick Room set Inner Focus is a bit more useful due to not being able to be Flinched on the turn you try to set it up. Also this thing does not get Wish outside an event meaning its only reliable Recovery is Rest and if you want to end up using it you cannot use Rest with Insomnia.

I do not see much use for Hypno outside of Doubles due to being outclassed by other Psychics and in Doubles you'll find Fake Out on alot of pokes.

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:59 pm

There was a tie so I chose the HA since it can be used to breed an Insomnia set.

Now, poll for the egg moves. Check the moves you want, I'll keel the 4 moves with most votes.

*sigh*... who would have thought Drowzee would require 3 polls...

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Worth noting ORAS comes out tomorrow. I've seen the prices of tutor moves and the highest I've seen was 12 BP which is amazingly cheap. I think we should hold out on the EM decision until we get confirmation on whether those tutor moves are tradeable. If they are Ice/Fire/T Punch arent worth it imo as this barely has room for it anyways.

Its looking like its just moves like Dragons Ascent that you cannot send to X/Y.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 am

No Flatter? What is this?

Also  its lookign like based on how Serebii put it tutor moves may be tradeable.

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

Even if they are, we decided not to consider ORAS when we choose egg moves, so we don't. People who don't have ORAS won't have access to these tutor moves unless they trade their pokemon over to someone who does, have them get the tutor move for them, and trade it back, which is way too much of a hassle if we can get the same move as an egg move for them.

And these four egg moves won the poll quite clearly, it was not even a close call.

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Even if they are, we decided not to consider ORAS when we choose egg moves, so we don't. People who don't have ORAS won't have access to these tutor moves unless they trade their pokemon over to someone who does, have them get the tutor move for them, and trade it back, which is way too much of a hassle if we can get the same move as an egg move for them.

And these four egg moves won the poll quite clearly, it was not even a close call.
Or you can teach this Drowzee Ice Punch in ORAS so everyone has it. If the prices are consistent it'll cost at most 12 BP Surprised

Probably will have to rebreed for Flatter/reball then so meh. Guess I'll find out if this works before I get into this.

Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:43 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
No Flatter? What is this?

Also  its lookign like based on how Serebii put it tutor moves may be tradeable.

The word 'may' is pretty much what everyone thought before hand.

tutor moves have a chance of being tradeable. serebii said it so it counts for something? lol

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drowzee   

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Drowzee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1