- Me First
- Baton Pass

Last edited by ed819 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:27 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm a fan of the Regenerator + Life Orb combo, but I can see the use of a Choice Reckless HJK if anyone would want one. Not sure if they would though.

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Nooooooooooooo

Anyways this needs 2 sets. One with Reckless one with Regenerator. Dont know which one if one should get HP Ice to hit Lando and friends harder. One needs Jolly and one for sure should be Naive HP Ice. But really dont know how the abilitiy distribution should be between them. Reckless HJK is a nuke that works well with choiced sets while Regenerator is good with LO sets and scouts.

Also what about Quick Guard? Its a Mienfoo only Lv Up move. It gets Fake Out and Wide Guard and I had alot  of success with this and Hitmontop who bring Fake Out, Priority+Multi Hit Protection, and Helping Hand for stuff like Boomburst Chatot sweeps from my team. Doesnt really seem to have any other good moves anyways as I'm not seeing Vital Throw being worth it.

That or Ally Switch. Both situational but I feel Mienshao could be good in Doubles to justify its use. Though Hitmontop is a better candidate for the role due to Intimidate and better bulk but if you want something fast that can U-turn to be used later you have Mienshao.

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm fine with breeding 2 sets. I can also replace Vital Throw with Ally Switch if you think it's more useful. Also, I don't think Quick Guard is an egg move.

Cloner

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:35 pm

I was going to basically post something in "brace for explosion" from the HP ice suggestion, but its actually not overly bad at base 95 Sp.A. I could actually see that being potential, specifically if a team struggles against Gliscor or Landorous. Not sure what others will think on it, but I (shockingly) don't mind it as much as I assumed I would when I first read it.

I'd probably go HP ice on the regenerator one, since U-turn will do nothing against the pokemon HP ice hits.

Last edited by cmzoid on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm

ed819 wrote:
I'm fine with breeding 2 sets. I can also replace Vital Throw with Ally Switch if you think it's more useful. Also, I don't think Quick Guard is an egg move.
I said Mienfoo only Lv Up move. To have Mienshao be able to relearn it you need to have both Mienfoo parents have it. Its really only useful on the Jolly one though.

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
ed819 wrote:
I said Mienfoo only Lv Up move. To have Mienshao be able to relearn it you need to have both Mienfoo parents have it. Its really only useful on the Jolly one though.

Ah, ok, I got what you were trying to say. Quick question though, If I breed Quick Guard using the method you mentioned, is it going to be relearnable when mienfoo evolves to mienshao? The only reason I ask is because the move is technically not an egg move so I don't know if relearning Quick Guard is possible.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 pm

ed819 wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:
ed819 wrote:

Ah, ok, I got what you were trying to say. Quick question though, If I breed Quick Guard using the method you mentioned, is it going to be relearnable when mienfoo evolves to mienshao? The only reason I ask is because the move is technically not an egg move so I don't know if relearning Quick Guard is possible.
Yes, this is the only way Mienshao can relearn it. If the base Pokemon learns any move if both parents have that Lv Up move the base form gets it'll pass as an EM and always be relearnable. Like our Eevee's Baton Pass, Flabebe's Moonblast, etc. Also why we are doing Slack Off on Slowking's Slowpoke. Its useful for Pokemon that have a useful move but its only on the pre-evo a move that you likely will delete b/c you may or may not always want it on but want access to it whenever.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Blue is right about the ability distribution. The regenerator set should probably be HP ice naive, because reckless doesn't matter with HP ice.

Yeah zoid, HP ice is a great set for Mienshao. I have a set and it wrecks shop.

Ed, the way to get a level up move as an egg move is to have both the parents know the move and then the baby will know it. We used that trick for Slowpoke. And I think it's relearnable. Have to check on that though.

I'm not that wild about Ally switch, but vital throw is nothing to write home about, so that's up to you.

Click here for my inventory list

PSA:Electric Light Orchestra and Chicago are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Yeah Bunsel explained it better than I did. I wouldnt say its useful for everyone though. Its good if you do not intend to always use the move. I consider Arcanine a good bad example. You'd want to teach it Crunch(a Lv Up move for Growlithe) b/c you'd swap that out with Wild Charge depending on what your team needs. But making Flare Blitz(a Lv Up move for Growlithe) an EM is a bad idea b/c you should never delete it and take the extra coverage options instead for its filler slot. I see Mienshao with great potential in Doubles which is why I recommended Quick Guard but you'd obviously never use it if you intend to use it in singles but if you ever play doubles you may want it back.

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Ok, I got it. I think Quick Guard is pretty useful so I'd go with that then. Edited the set according to suggestions Smile

Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Ed, if you want a head start, I have a mienfoo with three of those EMs (Knock Off, Me First and Baton Pass).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mienfoo   

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Mienfoo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1