Share | 

Rise Of Nations Rerelease

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Yet another piece of rerelease news,this one is older, but I figured I'd mention it. Microsoft is putting out Rise Of Nations and the Rise of Nations expansion pack, Thrones and Patriots, as an updated piece of software.

For those that don't know, this game is a Real Time Strategy game that has you controlling one nation and guiding them from their inception through the Information Age. There are campaigns that will focus on certain countries and battles. There are standard base units, but that's about as similar as the nations get. All of the strengths and weaknesses of each nation have been translated into game mechanics and powers unique to each nation. Nations that have had special units see them replacing standard units in the game (for example, the Praetorian Guards of Rome are there in place of the standard unit). The art on buildings is historically accurate as well (Egyptian granaries have a vertical helix windmill). No two countries play alike.

You can customize every facet of matches (there's a mode called diplomacy that lets you make and break alliances) and the replay value is infinite. I haven't played a lot of RTS, but to me, this is the penultimate one out there. The neat historical integration alone makes it worth it. And the mechanics delve so deep, you even research crop rotation as a way for increase food productivity,among a myriad of other things. It's a really well made and very balanced game with endless possibilities.

The rerelease is only 20 bucks, and you can, of course, play up to 8 players online. I have the original, but online is pretty much nonexistent. I wasn't going to get it, but if anyone here would be interested, i will definitely pick it up and we can play some matches (on the same team, of course).
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm

So... Nobody?

Click here for my inventory list

PSA:Electric Light Orchestra and Chicago are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
So... Nobody?

lol
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:41 pm

I was too lazy to read the whole thing the first time I saw that thread XD

Sounds nice, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea for me to start playing another game, I already spend enough time on Pokemon and Skyrim (especially now with TCG) XD

But if other people are interested and you start playing together I'll probably end up joining you against my will.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
The rerelease is only 20 bucks, and you can, of course, play up to 8 players online. I have the original, but online is pretty much nonexistent. I wasn't going to get it, but if anyone here would be interested, i will definitely pick it up and we can play some matches (on the same team, of course).

I hadn't read this part lol
I can try Very Happy. I'm in a phase that I need to try different kinds of game, but I'll need a manual for dummies Razz
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I was too lazy to read the whole thing the first time I saw that thread XD

Sounds nice, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea for me to start playing another game, I already spend enough time on Pokemon and Skyrim (especially now with TCG) XD

But if other people are interested and you start playing together then I'd probably join you.

Laziness ftw!!! lol Let's do it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 pm

You guys don't have to get it, i just know I'm a fan of this game and wondered if anyone else liked RTS games. It definitely takes some getting used to. I'll check out more details of the new release and get back to you. I'm not great by any means but I can do OK.

Sorry MC, there isn't a Canada nation though... Neither is there a Brazil...

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
You guys don't have to get it, i just know I'm a fan of this game and wondered if anyone else liked RTS games. It definitely takes some getting used to. I'll check out more details of the new release and get back to you. I'm not great by any means but I can do OK.

Sorry MC, there isn't a Canada nation though... Neither is there a Brazil...

lol np I need to play games.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 pm

It's not the same area, i know, but the Incas kick some major butt.

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
It's not the same area, i know, but the Incas kick some major butt.

lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Everyone, I just wanted to alert you that this game is on sale on Steam for 50% off! 10 bucks a copy, and if 4 of you want to get it, the 4 pack is 7.50 a piece. I am definitely getting it now, a 4 pack, and I may have one left over, because I have 2 other friends that I play this game with.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:18 pm

In the time it took me to type that, it just dropped to 75% off. I am dying here. For those keeping track at home, that's 5 bucks for one game and for a 4 pack, 3.75 a piece.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise Of Nations Rerelease   

Back to top Go down

Rise Of Nations Rerelease
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1